Thursday, April 9, 2020

Where is the God of...?

From Damar Randle:

I want to briefly thank the Lord for His blessings to me! I just finished reading in 1 Kings and started the second book. While reading here I've seen the Power of God.

In 2 Kings the Second Chapter you see where Elijah, with the Power of God parted the waters of Jordan and they walked on dry land(v.8). Then a little further down, Elijah is taken up in a whirlwind and Elisha, his successor, is left. Elisha took the mantle of Elijah, and smite the waters saying "where is the God of Elijah?" I believe here God showed just as He was The God to Elijah, He is the same to Elisha.

Now, I want to briefly step away and look at my life. If you've lived in California for any length of time you've heard the name of Sis. Francis Blackwell, my great great great Aunt. Aunt Francis was saved and took her place in the Church of God Evening Light in the 1920s. Another name drop is Sis. Gladys Foster, my Great Grandmother. These two women were wonderful examples of the power of God. But, like Elijah, they both have claimed their rewards.

They've left a wonderful heritage for me. But, just as God was for them, He wants to be for me. I don't have to be satisfied in calling on the God of Francis or Gladys, but I can call on my God. The Lord showed himself faithful to Elisha and had many times proven faithful to me.

The Lord has been to me a comfort, a deliverer, a shield, a father, a friend and most of all a Savior. We must develop a personal knowledge and relationship with God. He wants that relationship with you!

- Damar Randle

No comments:

Post a Comment